TOURISM IN CAMEROON
Cameroon is a country found in the Central Western part of Africa, flanked to the North by a narrow strip of Lake Tchad, to the West by Nigeria, to the East by Central African Republic and to the South by Congo, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
Found between latitude 2 degrees and 13 degrees North of the Equator and between longitude 8 degrees and 16 degrees East of Greenwich Meridian.
We could say that Cameroon is Africa in miniature and so the country has all what other countries of Africa have. This is one of the peaceful countries of Africa blessed with so many touristic potentials.
One of them is HOSPITALITY: Cameroonians in general and Kom in particular where FEPCIG HEADQUARTERS is, hold in mine that a foreigner is king. They therefore seek to help the foreigners who are in need. Tourists that come particularly to Belo-kom leave with little or no regret at all.
So, why should a tourist visit Cameroon, in particular a village called Njinikejem where FEPCIG headquarter is located?
Cameroon has a lot of TOURISTIC POTENTIALS: we have Hotels, Mountains, Historical rocks, Fon’s palace, Rivers, Botanical gardens, Zoos, Local Craft centres, Mosques, Jesters, Traditional healers and Fortune tellers.
- Access to these areas is not a problem.
- We protect our tourists by informing the legal departments about their existence.
- We have good volunteers who help to convey the tourists to the resort sites under our strict surveillance.
- There is enough accommodation for the tourists and FEPCIG offers well cautioned guards for the tourists still under our strict surveillance.
If you'll decide to visit Kom, in particular, you'll find:
- Animals: monkeys, crocodiles, giraffes, snakes, elephants, chimpanzees, lions etc..
- Old traditional buildings, as Fon's Palace, containing Afo-Kom
- Jujus and death celebrations
- Historical zones that must be remembered
- Gesting in which jesters come in and make fun to keep the tourists feel at home; here one jester can speak from joke to joke for at least 5 hours without any repetition- they are wonderful human beings. Each jester is given a day or time depending on the schedule or request of the tourist
- Traditional dances to acquaint the tourists with Kom culture
- Traditional games and debates
NATURE AND ANIMALS
KOM CULTURE AND TRADITION
ACCOMODATION IN CAMEROON
The monthly rate is 30 000FCFA.
FOOD AND DRINKS
The types of food are rice, fufu corn, beans, fish, all kinds of meat.An average meal per day cost 4000F.
Note: FEPCIG volunteers can be accepted to work either in Cameroon or outside of Cameroon. All volunteers are expected to while function within or out of Cameroon, respect the terms in FEPCIG's mission statement.
SAFETY and HEALTH
Tourists that enter Cameroon through fepcig are covered 100% in legal matters but it is expected that the tourists should understand the rule of law.
Again on health, FEPCIG is found midway between TWO INTERNATIONALLY AIDED hospitals with well experienced doctors in all fields. These hospitals are NJINIKOM CATHOLIC HOSPITAL and MBINGO BAPTIST HOSPITAL as shown below. It takes less than 10minutes to drive from FEPCIG headquarters at MUWA- NJINIKEJEM to any of these two hospitals as they are linked up by well paved roads, so, health issues are easily tackled.There are also many clinics taking good care of health around. So, coming to Cameroon at the request of FEPCIG, PSYCHOLOGICAL and PHYSICAL HEALTH ISSUES ARE NOT A PROBLEM.
GETTING A VISA
FEPCIG helps All visitors from any country entering Cameroon to easily obtain visas.
FEPCIG CAMEROON NEEDS VOLUNTEERS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- COMPUTER EDUCATION
- COMMUNITY HEALTH
- ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
- TEACHERS OF ANY SUBJECT
WHO FINDS ACCOMMODATION FOR VISITORS?
It is the duty of fepcig to give well secured accommodation to her visitors.
Cameroon has moderate climatic conditions much appealing to Europeans, Asians, Americans and elsewhere.